Sunday 9 October 2011

I am a Librarian!

Well, it's been a verrry long time since I posted. In fact I had become bored with the idea, couldn't think of anything to say.

Well I'm back! Happy to say I graduated my MSC library studies course, passed my dissertation with "Merit".Not top of the class but happy with my achievement. I learnt heaps, and was stretched to the limit, intellectually....however happy to have completed my studies I went into relaxation mode and became rather a couch potato.

It's not all bad news and popcorn in the couch cushions, however. I have keep up with the world of the librarian and worked hard in my job. I have since moved up two positions and am now a Librarian in charge(sometimes and with a jobshare partner in crime), of a small but vital public library.

I am recieving a baptism of fire in my new position -actually born out of Goverment cuts.We are struggling to help staff remain postive in light of extensive changes, both in resources and responsibilities.

I have decided that with the current econmnic climate I'd better get back to the learning and development of the transferable skills needed to be a Librarian of the world.

So in researching the continued development of my skills I've come across this blog. I shall aim to regularly post and play around with it as a way to get to grips with this particular Web 2.0 tool.

I have also begun a separate blog to cater for my Scifi interests, and will aim to post my thoughts on scifi and fantasy books there , with the view of possibly using such a blog for my job....

No comments:

About Me

I am a librarian, and scfi fantasy fan. I have worked in Public libraries for much of my career and recenlty obtained a MSc in Library and Information Studies from City University, London.